The book “Breaking Biden,” authored by an unidentified writer, examines the role of wealthy donors in American politics, specifically within the Democratic Party and their influence on President Joe Biden. The book contends that affluent contributors play a significant role in shaping the nation’s political landscape and portrays President Biden as emblematic of an oligarch.
The writer highlights that President Biden’s 2020 campaign was the first to raise over $1 billion and suggests that Democratic fundraising efforts included substantial amounts of “dark money,” indicating a growing reliance on these financial contributions in American politics. The book also implies that the financial support provided by these donors comes with certain expectations and asserts that President Biden serves multiple purposes for these wealthy benefactors.
Key figures within the Democratic donor base are introduced in the book, with an emphasis on their backgrounds and financial contributions:
- Dustin Moskovitz, co-founder of Facebook, is depicted as an emerging influential figure in the Democratic donor landscape. He is reported to have donated approximately $50 million during the 2020 election cycle, with a substantial contribution to the Future Forward PAC, a committee supporting President Biden.
- Eric Schmidt, the former head of Google and Alphabet, is noted for his significant political contributions to Democrats. The book raises potential ethical concerns regarding Schmidt’s philanthropic foundation, Schmidt Futures, and its associations with employees in the Office of Science and Technology Policy.
- Jeffrey Katzenberg, a Hollywood mogul, is presented as a substantial contributor to President Biden’s campaign. His role in fundraising events for the President is highlighted, with the book implying potential reciprocation in terms of Biden’s stance toward the entertainment industry.
- Laurene Powell Jobs, the widow of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, is portrayed as a powerful figure in Democratic politics and media. The book underscores her influence through the Emerson Collective and her connections to Vice President Kamala Harris.
- Reid Hoffman, known for his involvement with PayPal and LinkedIn, is described as a prolific funder of Democrats, with a focus on political causes. The book also suggests his involvement in a “false flag” operation during an Alabama U.S. Senate campaign.
- Tom Steyer, a former hedge fund manager and climate activist, is characterized as an advisor to President Biden on climate change. The book points out Steyer’s investments and their potential impact on issues like gas prices.
The writer contends that these donors wield significant influence over the Democratic Party and President Biden’s administration, affecting various policy areas, from tech regulations to climate initiatives.
The book invites readers to delve deeper into these dynamics by reading “Breaking Biden: Exposing the Hidden Forces and Secret Money Machine Behind Joe Biden, His Family, and His Administration.”
Meet the billionaire mega-donors behind the Biden presidency
Pay ATTENTION and LOOK at the DONERS‼️🇺🇸
Know who they ARE‼️Not one is pro AMERICAN‼️Yet made fortunes through AMERICA ‼️
— Queen Lou 3 (@dizzyizzu) October 27, 2023
Meet the Billionaire Mega Donors Behind the #Biden Presidency
— I’m So Over This! 👸💘 (@ImSooooOverIt) October 30, 2023