You mean to tell us it took almost a year for six Secret Service agents to get suspended after a would-be assassin came this close to blowing a hole through the head of a former—and now current—President of the United States? That’s the part you’re supposed to whisper, apparently. Just move along, nothing to see here… except, oh right, a bloody assassination attempt in the middle of a presidential campaign rally.
Six agents. Suspended. Quietly. No press conference. No dramatic podium moment. Just a slow drip of accountability nearly twelve months later, conveniently timed just ahead of the anniversary when the country might be paying attention again.
You’d think that the agency tasked with guarding the President would operate with a little more urgency after a bullet grazed his head. But apparently, when a man climbs onto a rooftop and opens fire at a U.S. president in broad daylight—with Secret Service on site, allegedly scanning every threat vector—you get… 10 to 42 days of paid time off? That’s not discipline. That’s summer vacation.
But let’s step back for a second.
Remember that day in Butler? The moment that’s now burned into history? Trump’s face covered in blood, seconds after being shot, fist in the air, yelling “FIGHT!” It was raw, terrifying, and galvanizing all at once. A moment that shattered any doubts about his resilience—and, frankly, made it clear just how real the stakes are now.
And yet here we are, one firefighter dead, two others wounded, and the agency that was supposed to prevent it is issuing vague apologies and promising to “fix the root cause.” The deputy director says, “We aren’t going to fire our way out of this.” Well, maybe not, but if this wasn’t a fireable offense for at least one person, what is?
They’ve suspended people from “supervisory level to line agent level,” whatever that means in bureaucrat-speak. Still, we haven’t heard a single name. Not one public hearing. Not one statement from the White House. No outrage from the same press corps that had daily aneurysms over how many scoops of ice cream Trump had during his first term.
Six Secret Service agents assigned to President Trump during the assassination attempt in Butler, PA have now been suspended.
Given the shocking security failures that day, this is the absolute bare minimum.
The American people are not dumb. What happened to the burner phones?… pic.twitter.com/2qlBF8bklF
— Rep. Anna Paulina Luna (@RepLuna) July 10, 2025
Let’s just say it out loud: if a Democratic president had been shot on stage in front of a crowd, with a sniper holed up just a few hundred feet away, the left would’ve lost its collective mind. There would’ve been a national day of mourning, emergency legislation, non-stop cable coverage, and a 10-part Netflix docuseries by now. Instead, Trump takes a bullet, screams “Fight!” and the media tries to bury it faster than Hunter Biden’s laptop.
So no, we’re not buying the idea that these suspensions are the end of the story. They’re not even the middle. Something about this entire response smells like it was focus-grouped by lawyers and stitched together by PR consultants. There’s no transparency. No explanation of how such a catastrophic breach of security was allowed to happen. And most importantly—no one’s taking the kind of responsibility that matches the scale of what went wrong.
Just hours after the widow of Corey Comperatore told @FoxNews the Secret Service needed to be held accountable for their failures in Butler, PA.
The agency reportedly suspended 6 agents who were working when that rally. pic.twitter.com/WIGgHSREnR
— Alexis McAdams (@AlexisMcAdamsTV) July 10, 2025
The only reason we know about any of this is because Jesse Watters brought it up on prime time. That’s where we are now. Journalists doing the job of the federal government: exposing failures that were quietly swept under the rug until someone noticed the lump.
And still—no official press release. Not from the White House. Not from the Secret Service.
What else haven’t they told us?
Who exactly was watching the rooftop that day?
EXCLUSIVE: The Secret Service suspended six personnel without pay as the agency faced intense scrutiny after the assassination attempt against President Trump in Butler, Pennsylvania, nearly a year ago.
Secret Service Deputy Director Matt Quinn tells CBS News’ @NicoleSganga… pic.twitter.com/pjqH4V6pGg
— CBS Evening News (@CBSEveningNews) July 9, 2025
And why, after all this time, does it feel like we’re still not getting the full story?