The Department of Justice on Tuesday night released what the liberal media is deeming damning evidence of coming trouble for Donald Trump, but the former President has now saying “not so fast”.
Trump and the Justice Department have been going back and forth regarding the material seized in the FBI’s raid of his Florida home for several weeks now, with the DOJ insisting that the former President was in possession of materials that constituted a national security threat.
The former Commander in Chief has news for them.
Former President Donald Trump slammed the Department of Justice following the agency’s opposition to his request for a “special master” to review documents seized from his Mar-a-Lago estate, claiming he had already “declassified” the materials.
In the 40-page response filed Tuesday, the Justice Department opposed the appointment of a special master to review documents seized from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate, saying he “lacks standing” because the records in question belong to the United States, not him. In addition, the DOJ’s filing said documents were likely “concealed and removed from the Storage Room and that efforts were likely taken to obstruct the government’s investigation.”
And then he dropped the hammer:
In a flurry of Truth Social posts Wednesday morning, Trump said it was “terrible” that the FBI “during the Raid of Mar-a-Lago, threw documents haphazardly all over the floor (perhaps pretending it was me that did it!), and then started taking pictures of them for the public to see. Thought they wanted them kept Secret? Lucky I Declassified!”
Trump’s declassification of these documents would be a gamechanger, but the DOJ’s insistence that there be no “special master” appointed could stymie the former President’s attempts to have that proven by a third party.