As Andrew Cuomo sinks ever further into the scandalous and inevitable end of his political career, it appears that the longtime NY politician still has a few tricks up his sleeve.
Cuomo is toast, but he’s refused to admit it publicly. The Empire State Governor is not only dealing with at least six women who’ve accused him of sexual harassment and abuse, but his decision to send COVID-19 patients into the state’s nursing homes back at the beginning of the pandemic has come under intense scrutiny thanks to the mass deaths that it caused.
Worse still, Cuomo then charged forward with a plan to intimidate and harass those who dared to speak out about the decision.
Now, one whistleblower has even found themselves at the mercy of one of the state’s most powerful authorities.
A New York nursing home was visited by the state’s Department of Health days after Fox News reported on the administrator’s alleged early warning about the impact of Gov. Cuomo’s executive order.
The visit, according to Kraus, started at around 9 a.m. ET Tuesday and stretched at least past 3 p.m. ET. It’s unclear why exactly the visit occurred, but Kraus said the health department asked about a resident possibly running away.
Kraus, possibly fearing any further retaliation by Cuomo, was quick to downplay the visit.
“So far it seems to be just a coincidence and not retaliation,” he told Fox News via text. “They didn’t find any problems.”
Last week, Fox News aired a story with Kraus describing his remarks during a conference call with other directors, state officials and hospital leaders.
“I said that’s ridiculous,” he said, recalling his reaction to the March 25 order. “We can’t be doing this. It’s just not right to the residents.”
He added that he vocalized his concerns during phone conversations but stopped bringing it up afer he was shot down.
“I did vocalize it,” he said. “And then once it was shot down, I never spoke again.”
Cuomo’s history of indignant intimidation has made it hard for many to believe that this was at all a coincidence.