MSNBC host Katie Phang during a monologue reported on which GOP candidate she’s most worried about.
“Look, I wanna beat this drum — and they’re telling me I gotta go — but I’m gonna beat this drum until the cows come home,” she said during a segment on Monday. “I still don’t want a Ron DeSantis. I’ll take a Donald Trump over a Ron DeSantis any day.”
“Ron DeSantis is a leaner, meaner Donald Trump, and I will go to the grave on that one,” she declared.
Far-left MSNBC host Katie Phang reveals which Republican presidential candidate she is most terrified of: “Look, I wanna beat this drum — and they’re telling me I gotta go — but I’m gonna beat this drum until the cows come home. I still don’t want a Ron DeSantis. I’ll take a… pic.twitter.com/Z1Pd5muaNJ
— Ian Miles Cheong (@stillgray) July 11, 2023
Other left-wing public figures have said similar things:
- “If Trump was the original Terminator, DeSantis is like the T-1000.”
- “Ron DeSantis is far more dangerous than Donald Trump. He’s more savvy, he’s more coy, and he doesn’t have the pitfalls that Donald Trump does.”
- “Ron DeSantis is far more dangerous than Donald Trump. … He’s smarter than Donald Trump. He’s far more strategic.”
- “Many of Donald Trump’s failings were from just kind of not paying attention. Ron DeSantis, on the other hand, is far less likely to be ineffective.”
- “If Donald Trump becomes president again, he’ll be less dangerous than Ron DeSantis.”
- “As horrible and grotesque as he is, Donald Trump is not as dangerous as this guy, Ron DeSantis.”
However, there are a couple of things former President Trump has that DeSantis doesn’t have.
First, a good campaign (sort of important), do we even know who DeSantis’ campaign manager is? Not that anyone would want to take credit for it. The Florida governor is a great executive, he has really done some great things in Florida. But a campaigner he is not.
Second, good poll numbers, former President Trump’s campaign is a juggernaut and nobody comes close to him.
🇺🇲 2024 Presidential Election Poll
(D) Biden 43% (+1)
(R) Trump 42%
(D) Biden 43% (+5)
(R) DeSantis 38%
► Net 4-point swing towards Biden from June 25 (was: 41/44 – Trump +3)
— InteractivePolls (@IAPolls2022) July 11, 2023