There has been plenty of speculation as to why China’s COVID-19 data was just so utterly poor when they released it to the rest of the world, following the initial outbreak of the illness in Wuhan, but it seems that our worst fears are coming more true by the day.
China’s manipulated coronavirus data had much of the world caught off-guard when COVID-19 finally landed on their shores, creating a situation where the global community was nothing more than sitting ducks, waiting to get sicker than they even knew.
Fears then grew of a coverup by China, in which the government in Beijing may have purposefully deflated the threat that coronavirus posed in order to weaken their enemies abroad.
Evidence of such a possibility continues to grow.
On January 12, Professor Kwok Yung Yuen diagnosed a family with the coronavirus in Shenzhen, 700 miles from Wuhan. Only some of the family members had been to the city where the COVID-19 outbreak originated, so Yuen knew immediately that he was seeing evidence of human-to-human transmission of the new coronavirus.
He immediately alerted the authorities in Beijing.
But it took eight days for Beijing to warn the world that the coronavirus, which has now killed almost 650,000 people and infected over 16 million, could be spread through human-to-human transmission.
But wait…there’s more.
Yuen told the BBC he believes local officials covered up the scale of the initial outbreak by destroying physical evidence and delaying the response to clinical findings.
“When we went to the Huanan supermarket, of course, there was nothing to see because the market was clean already,” Yuen said. “So, you may say that the crime scene is already disturbed because the supermarket was cleared, we cannot identify any host which is giving the virus to humans.”
Yuen would go on to say that the coverup likely began at the local level in Wuhan, making it all the more troublesome now that the virus has affected millions around the planet and sparked a global pandemic.